Troy and I have been eating low carb for about two weeks now and have had success with it so far. I feel better than I have in a long while and can see this being a lifestyle change for us. I’ve struggled to find recipes that genuinely taste as good as they sound, and I can say this is the best one I’ve made so far! In case you’re wanting to try low carb too, or if you are just looking for an easy dinner, this is the recipe to try!
– Mission low carb tortillas
– 1 can El Paso refried beans
– Precooked taco meat (my husband browned the meat and added taco seasoning prior to making these)
– Tostinos Salsa Con Queso dip
– Shredded Mexican blend cheese
– Raw spinach (optional)
– Chopped raw green onions (optional)
– Tostinos salsa (optional)
– Chopped black olives and jalepenos mixed (optional)
1. Place the low carb tortilla on the pan.
2. Spread a thin layer of refried beans on the shell.
3. Scatter the taco meat evenly over the refried beans.
4. Cover the taco meat with a thin layer of Totinos Salsa Con Queso.
5. Add any of the optional toppings or any other topping you would like to add.
6. Cover with shredded Mexican blend cheese.
7. Place in the oven for 10 minutes on 375 degrees.
8. Remove and let cool, then enjoy!
Below is my husband’s Pizza Taco. He chose to use Mission salsa instead of refried beans since he has a bean allergy. He also chose to leave the spinach off. The excellent part of this recipe is that you can include whatever toppings you’d like to make your own personalized dish!
I hope you enjoy! Feel free to comment with any questions, or let me know if you tried the recipe. I’d love to hear your feedback. I know it was a hit at my house!